Gource history visualisation.

Few days ago, one of my colleagues showed me one amazing tool to display the history from your repository. I thought this tool was only available for TFS as the tool was called (TFS Source control History Visualization) and it can be added to your Visual Studio easily through NuGet packages.
It's quite cool as it lets you see the files you are working on in a really nice graph using some force-directed based diagram. This reminds me of a similar diagram I was working on few years ago. You can read more about it here.
The tool that I've been using here is called Gource. It's really easy to use and it supports multiple types of repositories like SVN, GIT, TFS, etc. I've tried with all three and the results are excellent.

Here is a little demonstration of the tool running against one of my personal repositories: 

The command to get this running is as follows:



There are several ways for generating the video and some examples can be found here:
Latest version of the application can be downloaded here:

Comments

Popular Posts